.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mary vs Eve

Just as Jesus is the New Adam, Mary is the New Eve. But all I'll say on this for now is this poem that I love, by the Sisters of the Mississippi Valley (via First Things).

To set it up for you, it is about an imagined encounter between The Blessed Virgin Mary, pregnant with Child, and a sorrowful Eve, who has just been kicked out of Eden with her husband Adam. Mary says to her:

My mother, my daughter, life-giving Eve,
Do not be ashamed, do not grieve.
The former things have passed away,
Our God has brought us to a New Day.
See, I am with Child,
Through whom all will be reconciled.

O Eve! My sister, my friend,

We will rejoice together
Forever
Life without end.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?